Monday 2 April 2012

Nothing says cute like Pin Up girls and Pit Bulls!

Today is April 2nd, 2001 That means it is today that all the applications for the Pinups for Pitbulls 2013 Calendar Model Search need to be in! This is my first year participating in this competition and I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it all. So now its the waiting game to see if I am chosen amongst several other applications.

IN the summer of 2011 I was looking online for pit bull awareness t-shirts and clothing, as well as online shopping for pinup style clothing (as it is my favorite style), when I stumbled upon a t-shirt that said "Take my Leash. Not my Life". I saw the website name on the top and went straight to the site and fell in love with everything they are about.

Here is an organization, created by a woman who loves pinup style and who is advocating for pit bulls! I immediatly thought, this is totally up my alley! When I found out you can apply to become a pinup model for their calendar I got very excited. My friend Jen Kaboom, a local aspiring pinup model and designer herself, told me that I should apply. So when this years competition opened up I jumped all over it. <Hemi is sleeping at my feet and having a dream so cute!>

So friends, fingers crossed I get picked! The chosen models will fly out to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to have their photo for the calendar taken by Celest Giuliano Pinup Photography. Amazing right? Stay tuned for results.

Even if I don't get chosen, I will always support this organization and keep trying every year. It is such a great cause!

                                      Here's a pic of me and Hemi when he was just a little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment